You guys. I’m doing it. I’m actually keeping a journal.
For so many years, I dabbled in journaling. But then I ultimately got bored or too lazy and never kept up with the ritual.
Daily journaling has so many benefits like: increasing happiness, having a higher IQ, sparking mindfulness, boosting productivity, relieving stress, and so much more.
The only difficult part is actually committing to a practice.
So, after many trials and errors, I stumbled upon The 5 Minute Journal. I knew this simple journal would be easy to commit to (after all, it’s only 5 minutes).
After adding journaling to my mindful morning routine, I have already noticed a huge shift in my thoughts and overall well-being. I feel happier + more mindful of the special little moments throughout the day.
The 5 Minute Journal begins by breaking down the positive psychology research on how + why their simple structure works. It’s all about starting and ending the day with gratitude.
Don’t skip the preface, there are so many little nuggets of info here!
You’ll also write down your commitment to journaling daily (again – this is proven by science to work).
- Weekly Challenge / Inspiring Quote
- The weekly challenge is once and week and encourages you to try something new or step out of your comfort zone (you know, where real change happens)
- The carefully selected quotes add inspiration + motivation to help start the day
- Focusing the attention on gratitude really helps recognize the good in our lives
- The journal prompts you to write down 3 things you are grateful for
- What Would Make Today Great?
- This exercise opens your eyes to help you see what you can do that will bring you joy
- You’re going to write down 3 things that would make today great
- Daily Affirmation
- Research has shown that affirmations are so powerful in improving your mindset
- The journal will tell you to write down a daily affirmation, starting with “I am…”
- Repeating the affirmation throughout the day will increase your feelings of self-worth
- 3 Amazing Things That Happened Today
- It’s all about being aware and celebrating the little wins throughout the day
- I feel more inclined to recognize the amazing things throughout the day, so I remember what to write at night
- How Could I Have Made Today Even Better?
- This section plants a seed in your mind for the future
- You’ll look at obstacles differently and feel more prepared to automatically take action
- There is also an app, but I highly suggest the hardcover version! It’s made from linen and the pages are luxurious
- After only a few days of daily journaling, I felt happier, more motivated and my stress + anxiety levels have decreased tremendously!
- It will be nice to have a physical journal to look back and reflect upon